Otford Signal Box was first commissioned on the 30th of May 1915 and was in service until its closure on the 14th of April 1985. This was due to the electrification of the Illawarra line between Waterfall and Port Kembla. The signalling operation was transferred to a local control panel at Helensburgh and some time later to remote control operation at the Wollongong Control Centre.
The ILRMS purchased the redundant building from the State Rail Authority in 1985 complete with lever frame and other historical items. It arrived at the Albion Park in late December 1985. Throughout 2006/2007, Otford Signal Box has gone through restoration works made possible thanks to the Oak Flats Bendigo Community Bank.