Twin Cylinder Horizontal Winch

Twin Cylinder Horizontal Winch

The winch which is of robust design was built at the Midland Junction WAGR railway workshops in Western Australia in 1943. It is a single drum winch incorporating a twin cylinder horizontal reciprocating steam engine with reversing ability. The winch was used to haul the flying boats out of Sydney Harbour at Rose Bay.