Gemco Electric Locomotive
Status: On Static Display only
This small electric locomotive was originally a battrey powered electric locomotive built for the Metropolitan Water Sewerage & Drainage Board in 1947. The locomotive was discovered in a scrap yard by ILRMS members in 1973.
After slight modifications, a trolley pole was fitted so it could run on the ILRMS tramway along with a former man car. Coupled with this man car, it hauled passengers around the perimeter of the societies shed until being decommissioned during 2008 due to operating difficulties.