4wDM b/no. 123
Status: Static Exhibit
This locomotive, built around the 1930’s by Days Engineering was donated to the ILRMS in 1979 from Fairymead Sugar Mill. After being overhauled by apprentices in 1980 this locomotive entered service on the societies railway. The locomotive consists of a Malcolm Moore underframe and is powered by a Petrol/Kerosene Fordson Major engine and drive chain.
The locomotive has been restored as a static exhibit, due to difficulty of starting. It is now on display in our new museum building.