Drewry Cane Inspectors Car
Status: Under Restoration
This unit was constructed for the Victoria Sugar Mill at Ingham QLD in 1924. Powered by a single cylinder engine, this railcar was used by cane inspector when first built and then later on, as a trailer on a perway gangers train.
The Drewry was taken out of service and donated to the ILRMS in 1973. In 1991 the motor fired into life, possbily for the first time in forty years. At present the engine and transmission has been overhauled.