Year Built: 1890
This former Melbourne cable tram trailer was constructed in 1890 and was used on the South Melbourne cable line, which opened in 1890. During 1934 it was sold to a timber camp at Bairnsdale, Victoria. The tram was purchased by the ILRMS in 1980 and restored to working condition. It operates as one of our four main carriages. Throughout 2003, Car 430 underwent timber repairs and a repaint.