4wDM b/no. 304455/1951
Built by Ruston & Hornsby Ltd. in 1951, this locomotive was used on the construction of the Eastern Suburb Railway and was also used by the Water & Sewerage Works. This locomotive is powered by a two cylinder Ruston engine. Unlike our “Green Ruston”, this locomotive is crank start.
The locomotive was used at Forrester’s Beach until being purchased by the Campbelltown Steam Museum. It was then donated to the ILRMS and is currently in active service and can be seen in operation on our running days.