This locomotive worked at the CSR Victoria Mill at Ingham in North Queensland. It was built in 1953 by Drewery Baugley Co. and is powered by an 8 cylinder Gardner diesel engine.
The locomotive was withdrawn from service and placed in a siding at the mill in 1985 along with its sister locomotive "Leichhardt". The two locomotives were donated to the ILRMS in 1996. After the locomotives arrived at Albion Park, work commenced on "Seymour" to bring it to working condition. The locomotive was overhauled, repainted and then placed in active duties at Albion Park.
"Leichhardt" has been sold and shipped to the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway in England. It has been renamed "Pilton" and is currently undergoing restoration prior to entering service at Woody Bay. Please use our Links page to see details of its new home in the UK.